PolarViewer is a viewer application for exercise files recorded with
CicloSport heartrate monitors. It displays all the recorded exercise
data (except power) and creates diagrams.
If you want to organize your exercises and create statistics you should
use the SportsTracker
application together with PolarViewer.
This is a compatibility list for heartrate monitors:
- Polar S610(i) (tested)
- Polar S710(i) (tested)
- Polar S720i (tested)
- Polar S725 (tested)
- Polar S625x (tested, HRM files only)
- Polar S410 (tested, HRM files only)
- Polar RS200SD (tested, initial support)
- Ciclosport HAC4 (tested, initial support)
Other Polar monitors might work too, but I can't test them. User feedback is
It's also possible to view HRM exercise files (recorded with the Polar
Software for Windows) with PolarViewer.
The application itself is not able to receive the exercise files from the
Polar device and store it on the computer. There's an excellent tool called
s710 (written by Dave Bailey) which does this
- 2006/06/04: PolarViewer has been completely integrated into
SportsTracker 2.0.0. These projects are very close related, so it was better
to integrate them. This makes installation and configuration much simpler and Win32
users can now also use PolarViewer from SportsTracker.
So there will be no standalone PolarViewer releases anymore.
- 2006/05/21: Good news for Polar RS200 users: Jani Hursti has released the Linux
tool rs200-decoder for downloading RS200 exercise files in XML format. You
can download this tool at its
The current development release of PolarViewer (you need to get it from Subversion)
allready suports these RS200 XML files. A new PolarViewer version will be released
- 2006/03/11: Version 1.3.1 released. The HAC4 support was improved by Ilja Booij.
Jacob Ilsoe Christensen has contributed initial support for raw Polar RS200SD
exercise files. Bugfixes and workarounds have been added, so PolarViewer now
works with Mono > 1.1.13.
- 2006/03/08: The CVS repositories for SportsTracker and PolarViewer has been
completely migrated to Subversion. See the
Subversion page at the SourceForge project for more informations. The CVS
access is no longer available.
- 2005/12/03: Version 1.3.0 released. The biggest change is the initial support
for CicloSport HAC4 TUR files, thanks to Ilja Booij. Minor bugs and dependency issues
were fixed and the Makefile was improved (with help of Stephane Raimbault). A
spanish translation has been provided by Asier Urio Larrea, others were updated.
- 2005/05/05: Version 1.2.1 released. The Polar S725 monitor is now full
supported, users should read the README.txt first. Bugfixes were made in the
HRM parser, the MD project and Make files.
- 2005/03/14: Version 1.2.0 released. The main change is the usage of GTK# 1.9.x,
otherwise PolarViewer doesn't work on modern distributions. Support for Win32
systems has also been added. Other improvements are improved dialogs and various
- 2005/03/14: The PolarViewer application is now hosted as part of the
at SourceForge. So we can also use a
forum, a bug database and CVS now.
- 2004/12/30: Version 1.1.1 released. The HRM parser supports exercise files
with cadence data. Some minor bugs have been fixed and the translation was
- 2004/10/12: Version 1.1.0 released, which includes the long awaited support
for Polar S610(i) SRD raw files and some bugfixes. Thanks to Markus Braun and
Michael Karbach for S610 format informations and test files.
- 2004/08/13: Version 1.0.1 released, which includes an italian translation
done by Alessandro Frigeri. Thanks!
- 2004/08/04: Version 1.0.0 released. Most important changes are
parser improvements, now it's possible to view HRM files of Polar S410,
S610(i) and S725.
You can download the latest version of PolarViewer from the
PolarViewer is a .NET application written in C# using the Gtk# toolkit. It
was developed and tested with the Mono implementation of .NET. Other .NET
runtimes might work too, but I have not tested them.
You need the following tools/libraries for running PolarViewer:
The application was tested on GNU/Linux (Debian
Sarge), although it should work on all Unix-like systems. It also runs on Windows
2000/XP. Other Win32 systems might work too.
Please see the included README.txt file for detailed installation instructions.
Please use the forum and the bug system on the
project page when you have comments, suggestions or problems with bugs.
This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the
terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation;
either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
by Stefan Saring ( 2006/06/04 )